Monday, March 24, 2014

Blue & Pink Coin Bank

Pink and blue coin bank by EV Bead Sprites

I needed to make a coin bank for myself. Just a little something that wouldn't look so tacky when it held my loonies and quarters for my laundry money. Yeah, I even have to worry about stuff like laundry money in my mid-twenties. So I needed something to hold my laundry money instead of having it all over the place, or sitting in a dish that should hide in my kitchen instead. 

I found a bead bank online that I liked with hearts, and took it from there. I wanted more than two colors, but I didn't want four completely different colors. I finally came to the decision to use two different shades of two colors and I love the result. 

The top and bottom of the bank came about by simply putting beads in, and altering it until I liked what I saw. 

This is a unique bank compared to all the others we've made - the lid just sits comfortably on top. It doesn't snap into place. So if you drop your bank, your money will go everywhere. But it's for laundry, a common occurrence around my house, so I didn't want to have to pry the top off on every laundry day. I like how easy it is to get at the money, but I'd rather a lid that stays a little more secure in place. Will I make another bank like this? Maybe upon request, but I'd rather a more solid bank. 

Either way, I quite love my laundry money holder. Much better than the bowl I had before. 

Pink and blue coin bank by EV Bead Sprites

Pink and blue coin bank by EV Bead Sprites

No comments:

Post a Comment